The Tarmac Disc Sport is the perfect entry-level, high-performance road bike. With a full carbon fiber frame, a list of reliable components, and many of the features found in way more expensive models, it's sure to get you out on the road riding with an ear-to-ear smile.
In order cut some grams from the Tarmac, but to also ensure that it's stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, we took major steps to improving our Rider-First Engineered™ technology. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, we scrutinized every single aspect of the Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, we also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
And while stiffness aids in the aforementioned, compliance must also be utilized for an optimal ride quality. That's why we dropped the seatstays, and altered the seat tube shape. We also added tire clearance up to 30mm. This allows lower pressures for decreased rolling resistance, increased traction, and more comfort. Altogether, these additions still have the Tarmac riding like a true race-machine, but it also takes a bit of the sting out of road imperfections. You'll thank us on your next long ride.
But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence.
- Frame - Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Fork - FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Stem - Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Handlebars - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Bar Tape - S-Wrap Roubaix w/ sticky gel
- Brakes - Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc
- Front Wheel - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Rear Wheel - DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h
- Front Derailleur - Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105 R7000-GS, medium cage
- Chainset - 50/34T
- Cassette - Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30t
- Front Tyre - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Rear Tyre - Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm
- Saddle - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seatpost - S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.