Disc Trucker enjoys the same reputation as Long Haul Trucker; it’s one of the best riding and most value-packed touring bikes out there. Sometimes, however, a combination of load, climate, and terrain demands a bit more braking performance than a standard rim-brake LHT can provide.
That’s where the Disc Trucker comes in. Disc Trucker is a Long Haul Trucker specifically designed for the unique forces discs impose. We’ve made sure it can run discs, racks, and fenders with no jury rigging, a somewhat unique feature we’ve just now decided to call “simultaneous compatability.”
Every braze-on you’ll ever need: front and rear rack mounts, fender eyelets, water bottle bosses, spare spoke holder, pump peg
Available in 26” (sizes 42–58 cm) and 700c (sizes 56–64cm) wheel diameters
Disc brake compatibility (if rim brakes are more your thing, check out the Long Haul Trucker)
Clearance for 26” x 2.1” tires with or without fenders (26” platform) or 700c x 42mm with fenders, 45mm without fenders (700c platform)
- Frame–Surly Long Haul Trucker, 100% Surly 4130 CroMoly steel.
- Fork–Surly Long Haul Trucker, 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed.
- Headset–Cane Creek 40, 1-1/8"
- Stem–Promax 31.8 4 bolt
- Handlebars–Salsa Cowbell
- Grips–Black Cork
- Brakes–Avid BB7, 160mm rotors
- Brake Levers–Tektro RL520
- Shifters–Microshift BS-M10
- Front Derailleur–Shimano Deore T6000
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Deore XT T8000
- Chainset–Andel RSC6, 26/36/48t
- Chain–KMC x10
- Cassette–Shimano CS-HG50-10, 11–36t, 10-speed
- Bottom Bracket–Shimano UN-55, 118mm
- Front Hub–Shimano Deore 475 6 bolt, 36H
- Rear Hub–Shimano Deore 525, 6 bolt, 36H
- Rims–Alex DH19
- Tyres–Surly ExtraTerrestrial 26 x 46, Surly ExtraTerrestrial 700 x 41
- Saddle–WTB Volt Sport
- Seat Post–ProMax 27.2 300L non-offset (38-50), SP-2016 offset (52-64)
- Seat Clamp–Surly Stainless, 30.0mm (Surly stainless included)
Not The Bike For You?
Road Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.