Le GÃ©ant de Provence is often cited as the most difficult climb in Europe, despite being neither the highest nor the longest of the famous Tour cols. The gradient from BÃ©doin to Chalet Reynard is a relentless 9-11% and, as the vegetation disappears 6 km from the summit, the Mistral, which can blow at over 160 kph, is your greatest enemy; if the wind isn't blowing, the summer sun will scorch a rider in an inescapable 48Â°C blaze; by autumn, a descent can be through swirling, icy gusts. The Ventoux Jacket is a perfect companion for a climb that will be etched in your memory for ever.
- Waterproof fabric
- Windresistant fabric
- Foldable rear rain flap
- Underarm zip for heat regulation
- Storm cuff for wind protection
- Rear pocket for storage
- Reflective strip for high visibility
- 3 additional secure front pockets
- Rear toggle for ergonomic fit
- 30Â°C wash with detergent
- Do not use fabric conditioner
You may also like....