Cyclecraft, published by The Stationery Office, is the definitive guide to safe and enjoyable cycling for both adults and children and is now in its 4th edition. Whether you are new to cycling, looking to extend your skills, or wanting to know how best to teach your children to cycle, Cyclecraft offers practical advice on how to ride a bike confidently and safely in modern traffic conditions.
- -How to get started, with special advice for parents
- -Choosing a bike and setting it up
- -Basic skills, such as balancing, steering and gear changing
- -How to share the roads and integrate with traffic
- -Advanced techniques for cycling safely on busier roads with faster traffic
- -Advice on carrying children and goods and riding with others.
Cyclecraft is THE official course book for the National Cycle Training Standard, endorsed by all principal cycle training providers such as RoSPA and CTC. It is the only book to deal comprehensively with all the skills needed for cycling in modern traffic conditions in both town and country.