Blending the manners of an XC bike with a rugged and capable long-travel trail bike, and you get Trek's Fuel EX 9.7 29 2017 trail bike. Bringing 130mm travel in both the front and rear with a stiffer chassis and a straight-shot downtube, you get a bike that delivers you more confidence out on the trail. A slacker, lower and longer geometry keeps you more stable, particularly on those rocky descents and fast corners. The Knock Block frame limits the fork crown from contacting the frame and therefore protecting your bike. RE:aktiv shock delivers a firm efficient pedaling platform that smoothes out those horrible bumps and the active braking pivot ensures the suspension keeps working whilst you brake, keeping traction and control above all.
- Frame: OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, alloy stays, ABP, Boost148, Knock Block steerer stop, Full Floater, EVO link, E2 tapered head tube, Mino Link, Control Freak internal routing, Carbon Armor, PF92, ISCG 05, G2 Geometry
- Fork: Fox Rhythm 34 Float, Grip adjustable damper, E2 tapered steerer, Boost110, G2 Geometry w/51mm offset, 130mm travel
- Rear Shock: Fox Performance Float EVOL, RE:aktiv 3-position damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210x52.5mm
- Headset: Knock Block integrated, sealed cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Stem: Bontrager Line, Knock Block, 35mm, 0 degree
- Handlebars: Bontrager Line, 35mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Front Brake: Shimano Deore hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano Deore hydraulic disc
- Brake Levers: Shimano Deore
Trek has come a long way since being born in a barn in 1976. Today Trek is a market leader, through the most passionate and brightest cycling researchers and designers, Trek has pushed innovation to refine and redefine the experience of riding a bicycle.