Whyte have broken the mould with their kids bikes. By putting 26" wheels on a kids MTB they've given a boost in performance similar to an adult switching to a 650b/27.5" Trail Hardtail. More confidence, more control and easier riding.
With SRAM NX 1 by 11 spec and a trigger shifter, the 405 really is a scaled down version of our award winning 900 series bikes. We have specced an XSYNC Direct Mount chainring so multiple chainrings are available to tune this bike to the size of the rider.
The 405 also comes with Whyte's own Get-a-Grip seat post clamping system. This easy to use clamp allows the post to be raised or lowered on the trail, even with small cold hands.
- Frame–6061 Alloy, Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, SCR, Get A Grip Seat Clamp System, Internal Cable Routing with BBX and Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts
- Fork–SR Epixon, 100mm Travel, Black Alloy Stanchions, Alloy Steerer, Hydro Lockout, Air Spring, Adjustable Rebound
- Headset–FSA No.10, Semi Integrated, 1 1/8" Caged Bearings
- Stem–Whyte Gravity, 40mm
- Handlebars–Whyte 6061 Alloy, 30mm Rise, 31.8mm, 680mm Wide
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake–Tektro Auriga, 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake–Tektro Auriga, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers–Tektro Auriga
- Shifters–SRAM NX, 11 Speed, Trigger Shifter
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM NX, 11 Speed
- Chainset–SRAM NX Power Spline, X-SYNC Direct Mount 28T Chainring, 11 Speed Alloy, 165mm Crank Arms
- Chain–SRAM PC-1130, 11 Speed
- Cassette–SRAM GX-1130, 11-42, 11 Speed
- Bottom Bracket–SRAM Power Spline, 73mm
- Front Hub–Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 28 Hole
- Rear Hub–Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 28 Hole
- Rims–WTB STp i25, 25mm Wide, TCS 2.0 System, 28 Hole
- Spokes–2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples
- Tyres–WTB Trail Boss , Light/Fast TCS System 26" X 2.25", 60TPI
- Seat Post–Whyte 6061 Alloy, 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 350mm, 2 Bolt Clamp
- Pedals–Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform
Not The Bike For You?
Kid's Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.