WINNER - Hardtail of the Year (£750 category) - MBR Magazine, 2018
"When it comes to on-trail performance it blows most rivals out of the water thanks to a frame sporting bang-up-to-date geometry and well-chosen components" - off-road.cc, 2018
If you are looking for a trail-ready bike at an affordable price tag then look no further than the 605 from Whyte. It is a capable hardtail, having had a complete overhaul for 2018. The design team have graced this model with a longer frame, a wider 740mm bar, a shorter stem and wider grippier tyres. This makes the 605 handle amazingly and corner like a dream.
This year’s model is fitted with a full Shimano groupset. The all new 2 by 9 drivetrain is all you need to tackle the undulating challenges of your favourite trails, and from the leading manufacturers in their field it is bound to give you years of trouble-free riding.
This bike bristles with Whyte’s clever UK design features to help tame our less than desirable climate. Their Get A Grip seatpost clamp system is not only weatherproof, with seals around the post and the frame to help prevent any mud or water damage, but also features an ergonomic lever that makes adjusting seat post height super easy even with the coldest of hands!
- Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Get A Grip Seat Clamp System, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts
- Fork - RockShox XC-30 27.5", 100mm Travel, Adjustable Rebound, Turnkey Lockout
- Headset - FSA No.10, Semi Integrated, Caged Bearings
- Stem - Whyte Custom, S, 45mm M,L,XL, 60mm
- Handlebars - Whyte Riser Bar 30mm Rise, 31.8mm, 740mm Wide
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake - Tektro Auriga, HD-M290, 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake - Tektro Auriga, HD-M290, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - Tektro Auriga, HD-M290
- Gear Shifter - Shimano Acera SL-M3000, 9 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Acera RD-M3000-SGS Shadow, 9 Speed
- Chainset - Shimano FC-M3000-B2, 36-22, 9 Speed
- Cassette - Shimano CS-HG-200, 11-36, 9 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy Disc, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy Disc, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole
- Rims - Whyte Trail 20, 32 Hole
- Tyres - WTB Ranger Wire 27.5" x 2.25"
- Saddle - Whyte Custom
- Seat post - Whyte 12mm Offset, 30.9mm 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.