The Whyte Alloy 29er hardtail frame is further developed with Boost 12mm dropouts being added for extra rear stiffness.
The new frame bristles with UK design features such as the 'Get A Grip' seat post clamp system. This allows quick adjustment, fantastic weather-proofing and an ergonomic lever which is easy to operate however cold your hands might be.
A full SRAM NX Eagle 1 by 12 groupset is specced on the 629, with its huge 480% range 11-50t cassette, you'll have the ability to tackle all types of terrain with the simplicity that only a 1 by set up can give.
- Frame–6061 Alloy, Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, SCR, Tapered Headtube, Get A Grip Seat Clamp System, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and 12mm X 148mm Boost Dropouts
- Fork–RockShox Recon RL 29", 120mm Travel, 42mm Offset, Solo Air, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 110mm x 15mm Boost, Maxle Lite
- Rear Shock–N/A
- Headset–FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, 1 1/2" Lower and 1 1/8" Upper Caged Bearings
- Stem–Whyte Alloy, 40mm Extension
- Handlebar–Whyte 6061 Alloy, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm, 780mm Wide
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Brakes Front–SRAM Guide T, 4 Pot, 180mm Rotor
- Brakes Rear–SRAM Guide T, 4 Pot, S/M 160mm, L/XL 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers–SRAM Guide T
- Gear Shifters–SRAM NX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Front Derailleur–N/A
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM NX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Chain–SRAM Eagle, 12 Speed
- Crankset-SRAM NX Eagle, X-SYNC Direct Mount 32T, 170mm, 12 Speed
- Cassette–SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 Speed
- Front Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 15mm x 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub -Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 12mm x 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rims -WTB ST i25 TCS 2.0 System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole
- Tyres–Maxxis High Roller II TR 29"x 2.35" 60TPI, EXO Sidewall Protection, 3C Maxx Terra, Front, Maxxis Forekaster TR 29" x 2.35" 60TPI, EXO Sidewall Protection, Dual Compound, Rear
- Bottom Bracket-SRAM Power Spline, 73mm
- Saddle -Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
- Seatpost-Whyte 6061 Alloy, 15mm Offset, 30.9mm x S 350mm, M/L/XL 400mm, 2 Bolt Clamp, Adjuster
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.