The Whyte's 629 V2 2020 is the hardtail bike that's got it all. With a Whyte Drop.it II fitted as standard and an impressive combination of wider 27mm rims and bigger tyres, this 29er is sure to impress on any trail. Whyte's designers also included their own OTO & SCR technology to improve balance and control. To ensure this hardtail would be pedalling for years to come it's been fitted with the reliable SRAM SX Eagle 1 x 12 Speed Drivetrain, a RockShox Recon RL Air-Sprung Fork with 120mm Travel and SRAM's powerful Guide T 4 Pot Brakes.
- Frame–6061 Alloy, Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, SCR, Tapered Headtube, Get A Grip Seat Clamp System, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and 12mm X 148mm Boost Dropouts
- Fork–RockShox Recon RL 29inch, 120mm Travel, 42mm Offset, Solo Air, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound, Tapered Alloy Steerer, 110mm x 15mm Boost, Maxle Lite
- Rear Shock–N/A
- Headset–FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, 1 1/2inch Lower and 1 1/8inch Upper Caged Bearings
- Stem–Whyte Alloy, 40mm Extension
- Handlebars–Whyte 6061 Alloy, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm, 780mm Wide
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake–SRAM Guide T, 4 Pot, 180mm Rotor
- Rear Brake–SRAM Guide T, 4 Pot, S/M 160mm, L/XL 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers–SRAM Guide T
- Shifters–SRAM SX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Front Derailleur–N/A
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM SX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Chainset–SRAM SX Eagle, X-SYNC Direct Mount 32T, 170mm, 12 Speed
- Chain–SRAM Eagle, 12 Speed
- Cassette–SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12 Speed
- Bottom Bracket–SRAM Power Spline, 73mm
- Front Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 15mm x 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 12mm x 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rims–WTB ST i27 TCS 2.0 System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole
- Spokes–DT Swiss Champion 2.0mm, Black Stainless, Brass Nipples
- Tyres–Maxxis High Roller II TR 29inchx 2.3inch 60TPI, EXO Sidewall Protection, 3C Maxx Terra, Front, Maxxis Forekaster TR 29inch x 2.35inch 60TPI, EXO Sidewall Protection, Dual Compound, Rear
- Saddle–Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
- Seat Post–Whyte drop.it Post II, 30.9mm, S 125mm Travel, M/L/XL 150mm Travel, Paddle Remote Lever
- Pedals–Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.