Whyte’s aluminium hardtails have always been a fine blend of fun, control and speed and this year’s 801 is no exception. For 2018 it has been completely overhauled, gaining a new longer frame, wider handlebars, a shorter stem and wider grippier tyres. The result of this is a bike that handles superbly and corners like a dream. And, the upgrade to a dedicated single chainring frame has also allowed engineers to reduce the length of the chainstays for improved agility and a more dynamic ride.
The 801 is fitted with a RockShox 120mm 30 Silver fork for trail-bike levels of performance, and paired with Shimanos Deore gearing, this years model is more than capable of taking you up and down those undulating trails.
This impressive hardtail is finished off perfectly with Whyte’s clever UK design features that help tame our less than desirable climate. Their Get A Grip seatpost clamp system is not only weatherproof, with seals around the post and the frame to help prevent any mud or water damage, but also features an ergonomic lever that makes adjusting seat post height super easy even with the coldest of hands!
- Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, SCR, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip Seat Clamp System
- Fork - RockShox 30 Silver 27.5", 120mm Travel, Solo Air, Adjustable Rebound, Alloy Steerer, Turn Key Lockout
- Headset - FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Caged Upper Bearings
- Stem - Whyte Custom, 35mm S, 45mm M & L, 60mm XL
- Handlebars - Whyte Riser Bar 15mm Rise, 31.8mm, 740mm Wide
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake - Tektro Auriga, 180mm Rotor (160mm on S)
- Rear Brake - Tektro Auriga, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - Tektro Auriga
- Gear Shifter - Shimano Deore SL-M6000, 10 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore RD-M6000, Shadow Plus
- Chainset - FSA Alpha Drive 1X, Forged Cranks, Narrow Wide 30T Chainring
- Cassette - Sunrace CSMS3, 11-42, 10 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole
- Rims - Whyte Trail-21, Sleeve Joint, Offset Rims, 32 Hole
- Tyres - Maxxis Ardent Wire 27.5" x 2.25" Front, Maxxis Crossmark II Wire 27.5" x 2.25" Rear
- Saddle - Whyte Custom
- Seat post - Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 350mm Small & Med 400mm Large & X Large, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp, Adjuster