TEST WINNER - MBR Magazine, 2018
"The combination of the chunky 2.8in Maxxis tyres, custom offset RockShox Revelation fork and dialled geometry made the new 905 an instant hit. It's also the best hardtail we've ridden, period, and easily deserving of a perfect 10 rating" - MBR Magazine, 2018
The latest 905 is probably the best Whyte have ever built. Its stripped back SCR frame, all new RockShox Revelation fork and a 2.8" tyre make this definitive hardtail more than capable of handling the trails. With wider tyres, it will roll over everything with ease as well as offering more grip. And, more grip does also equal more fun after all.
The new 905 has taken ideas from Whyte’s Enduro team, including the use of thicker V-Grips for super comfortable cushioning and a 170mm crank, which brings the rider close to the ground without compromising on pedal clearance.
- Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Custom Drawn and Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Intergrip Seat Clamp System with Internal BBX Cable Routing for Dropper Post and 12mm X 148mm Boost Dropouts
- Fork - RockShox Revelation RC 27.5", 130mm Travel, Fast Black Coating, Tapered Steerer, 110mm X 15mm Boost, Maxle Ultimate
- Headset - FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1.5" Lower, 1 1.8" Upper Bearings
- Stem - Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S/M, 50mm L/XL
- Handlebars - Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, Low Rise, 760mm Wide (30mm Rise, 780mm on XL)
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake - SRAM Level T, 180mm Rotor (200mm on XL)
- Rear Brake - SRAM Level T, 160mm Rotor (180mm on XL), Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - SRAM Level T, Matchmaker
- Gear Shifter - SRAM GX, 11 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX, 11 Speed
- Chainset - SRAM Descendant K6, X-SYNC 2, Direct Mount 32T, Boost 11/12 Speed
- Cassette - SRAM PG-1130, 11-42, 11 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed, Cartridge Bearing Hub, 15mm X 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 12mm X 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rims - WTB STp i35 TCS System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole
- Tyres - Maxxis High Roller II TR, 27.5" X 2.8" 120TPI 3C(Maxx Terra) Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Front, Maxxis Rekon TR, 27.5" X 2.8" 60TPI Dual TLR, Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Rear
- Saddle - Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
- Seat post - Whyte drop.it Post with Paddle Remote, 30.9mm X 420mm, 150mm Travel
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £30, otherwise £2.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.