The G-170 S V2 2020 is the ideal full suspension bike for any enduro rider that wants value for money and a frame that is easy to upgrade and update. In 2019, the bike's previous version was chosen as 'Editor’s Choice' by MBR after scoring 10/10 in their review as well as winning 'Best Value MTB' in Pinkbike's awards.
This V2 iteration has everything great about its award-winning predecessor but also features some game changing upgrades to make it even better. With a RockShox Lyrik Select RC fork and a Charger 2 damper this version has an extra 10mm of travel on the front, bringing the total up to 180mm. Pair this with a RockShox Deluxe Select rear shock offering 170mm of travel and you have a full suspension bike that's ready for every trail. The geometry of its aluminium frame creates a more stable feel on even the steepest descents thanks to being lower and slacker. The G-170 S geometry also allows for a lower sense of gravity which allows you more grip and control around corners. Compact seat-tubes allow all riders to select their ideal size with their preferred reach which facilitates a nimbler ride. You can also expect a playful and agile ride feel from this bike due to the especially short back end
When it comes to rolling power, front and rear specific TCS tyres work alongside WTB ST i29mm 2.0 rims to give neutral handling and ultimately less drag. Whyte's design team new this would be a bike that a rider may want to adjust over time so the rear chainstays have space for up to 27.5 x 2.8inch tyres and they included extra mud clearance. The components chosen are all simple but effective and reliable. These include a single chainring with SRAM Eagle 1×12 transmission and SRAM Guide GE 4 Pot brakes for efficient stopping power.
All Whyte bikes are designed for UK weather and the G-170 S V2 2020 is no exception. With huge amounts of mud clearance, a sealed InterGrip seatpost and internal
- Frame–6061 Alloy, SCR Aluminium Front Triangle with Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip Seat Clamp System, ISCG 5 Guide Mounts, Alloy Symmetrical SCR Rear Triangle, 148mm Boost Dropouts
- Fork–RockShox Lyrik Select RC 27.5inch, 180mm Travel, 37mm Offset, DebonAir, Charger RC Damper, Fast Black Coating, Tapered Steerer, 110mm x 15mm Boost, Maxle Ultimate
- Rear Shock–RockShox Deluxe Select + RT, DebonAir, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound, 2 position compression adjustment
- Headset–FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, 1 1/2inch Lower and 1 1/8inch Upper Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Stem–Whyte Enduro Stem, 35mm Bar Bore, 35mm Extension
- Handlebars–Whyte Custom 6061 Alloy, 30mm Rise, 35mm Bar Bore, 780mm Wide
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Grips–Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake–SRAM Guide GE, 4 Pot with Sintered Metal Pads, 200mm Rotor
- Rear Brake–SRAM Guide GE, 4 Pot with Sintered Metal Pads, 200mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers–SRAM Guide GE, MMX
- Shifters–SRAM SX Eagle, MMX, 12 Speed
- Front Derailleur–N/A
- Rear Derailleur–SRAM SX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Chainset–SRAM Descendant 6K Eagle, X-SYNC 2, Direct Mount 30T, DUB, 170mm, Boost, 12 Speed
- Chain–SRAM Eagle, 12 Speed
- Cassette–SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50, 12 Speed
- Bottom Bracket–SRAM DUB, BSA, 73mm
- Front Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 15mm x 110mm Boost Through Axle, 31mm Torque Caps, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 12mm x 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rims–WTB ST i30 TCS 2.0 System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready, 32 Hole
- Spokes–DT Swiss Champion 2.0mm, Black Stainless, Brass Nipples
- Tyres–WTB Vigilante TCS System 27.5inch X 2.5inch Light/High Grip, Tri-Tec triple compound, Slash Guard sidewall protection, Front, WTB Trail Boss G2 TCS System 27.5inch X 2.4inch Tough/Fast Rolling, Tri-Tec triple compound, Enduro Casing, Rear
- Saddle–Whyte Custom, Dual Density, Triple Panel Design
- Seat Post–Whyte drop.it II Post, 30.9mm, S 125mm Travel, M/L/XL 150mm Travel, Paddle Remote Lever
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Order before 4pm Sunday - Friday
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 30 days of receipt.
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.