This year Whyte's EWS-ready platform has been totally redefined and refocused with the all-new G-170 offering improved balance and control on the most challenging trails.
Evolved and ultra-surefooted geometry with Enduro DH winning Quad 4 suspension will dominate black runs all day long. The light, responsive, efficient pedaling SCR framesets keep you fast and fresh however far away you’re hunting for thrills. Add our sealed InterGrip seat post clamp system, masses of mud room and latest generation lifetime warrantied pivot bearings to shrug off any weather and you’ve got the most versatile flat out fast, chaos taming, full gas all-rounders available.
Built to allow riders and racers the set-up options to tune the G-170 for both air springs or coil springs (a crucial detail that separates the true EWS race bikes from the rest) the evolved geometry has been refined into a sensitive balance of front end precision and overall front to rear balance and control, with a low and centred rider centre-of-mass for ultimate confidence on the most technical and challenging terrain. Following feedback from our Enduro Race Team, the changes in geometry (stack, reach and chain stay length) have given us a more neutral riding position whilst providing better front/rear weight distribution for enhanced traction, cornering control and balance. The effect is an increase in traction through the front wheel for security in cornering whilst allowing the rider to stay in a more neutral position, bearing less weight through the arms, improving rider agility and reducing fatigue.
Whyte's latest generation QUAD 4 system is built around a metric shock with all-new low-profile hardware, including Enduro TM main pivot bearings. The G-170 features our new flush industrial design and critically, room for a full-size bottle.
- Frame - Uni-directional Multi Monocoque Front Triangle with Internal Cable Routing, Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip Seat Clamp System, ISCG 5 Guide Mounts, Alloy Symmetrical SCR Rear Triangle, 148mm Boost Dropouts
- Fork - RockShox Lyrik, RCT3, 27.5", 170mm Travel, Fast Black Coating, Tapered Steerer, 110mm X 15mm Boost, Maxle Ultimate
- Rear Shock - RockShox Super Deluxe Debonair, RCT, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound and low speed compression
- Headset - FSA No. 42 Integrated, Orbit ZS Plus, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Stem - RaceFace Turbine 35mm Bar Bore, 40mm
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Brake Levers - SRAM Guide RSC, MMX Matchmaker
- Front Brakes - SRAM Guide RSC, 4 Pots, 200mm Rotor
- Rear Brakes - SRAM Guide RSC, 4 Pots, 180mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Chainset - SRAM GX Eagle, Black, 12 Speed
- Cassette - SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10-50, 12 Speed
- Front Hub - Hope Pro 4, Stainless Steel Cartridge sealed Bearing, 15mm x 110mm Boost Through Axle, 28 Hole
- Rear Hub - Hope Pro 4, Stainless Steel Cartridge Sealed bearing, 12mm X 148mm Boost Through Axle XD Driver Free Hub, 28 Hole
- Rims - Whyte 30mm Carbon Hookless, 28H, Tubeless Ready, 3M Rim Strip with Tubeless Valves Included
- Tyres - Maxxis High Roller II TR, 27.5" X 2.4" 60TPI 3C(Maxx Terra) Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Front, Maxxis Minion SS, 27.5" X 2.3" 60TPI Dual TLR, Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Rear
- Saddle - Whyte Custom Team, with Lightweight Foam, CrMo Rails, Triple Panel Design
- Seat post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 150, 30.9mm, MMX with X1 Remote
Not The Bike For You?
Mountain Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.