Combining MTB geometry and parts with road bike wheels and tyres has always been the case with the R-7 line up–but the new Plus tyres takes this to a new level. These high-air volume/low-rolling-resistance tyres are perfect for dealing with 'All Surface' commutes and rides.
The Portobello features massive 650b x 47c tyres to smooth out the road chatter. These deep profile tyres, give the same rolling diameter as 700c x 28c tyres but the extra air volume make them super comfortable and pinch puncture resistant.
A custom rear dropout mounts the hydraulic disc brake caliper inside the rear triangle, clearing the way for any rack or mudguards that may be required.
- Frame–6061 Alloy, Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Head Tube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX and Custom Whyte Dropouts
- Fork–Whyte Straight Bladed 6061 Alloy, Alloy Tapered Steerer, Internal Cable Routing, Flat Mount with 160mm Post Adaptor, Eyelets for Mudguards
- Headset–FSA No. 42, Integrated Road, 1 1/2" Lower and 1 1/8" Upper Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Stem–Whyte Alloy, S 45mm, M/L 60mm, XL 70mm Extension
- Handlebar–Whyte 6061 Alloy, 20mm Rise, 31.8mm, 620mm Wide
- Grips–Whyte Custom Dual Density Lock-on
- Brakes Front–Tektro Auriga HD-M290, 160mm Rotor, Flat Mount, Internal Routing
- Brakes Rear–Tektro Auriga HD-M290, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers–Tektro Auriga HD-M290
- Gear Shifters–Shimano Deore SL-M6000, 10 Speed
- Front Derailleur–N/A
- Rear Derailleur–Shimano Deore RD-M6000-SGS, Shadow Plus, 10 Speed
- Chainset–Shimano CN-HG54, 10 Speed
- Cassette–Shimano Deore CS-HG-500, 11-42, 10 Speed
- Front Hub–Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 28 Hole
- Rear Hub -Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 32 Hole
- Rims -Whyte Disc Road Plus 650b, Low Profile, 25mm Wide, Tubeless Compatible, 32 Hole Rear and 28 Hole Front
- Tyres–WTB Horizon 650b x 47c, Tan Wall, Road Plus
- Saddle -Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
- Seatpost-Whyte 6061 Alloy, 20mm Offset, 27.2mm x S/M/L 350mm, XL 400mm, 2 Bolt Clamp
- Pedal–Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform
Not The Bike For You?
Urban Bike Buying Guide
Still stuck? Call one of customer service experts on 0800 298 8898 or talk to us in the chat.
You May Also Need...
- Next & Named Day Delivery: Free on orders over £100, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday.
- Standard Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Cycle Surgery receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.