The much-anticipated S-150 C RS from Whyte is here, and it absolutely does not disappoint. This incredible bike takes all the best bits of the T-130 and adds on some even more impressive features. Not satisfied with the 140mm of travel that the RockShox Pike fork usually comes with, Whyte asked them to create a new fork with 150mm of travel. They then paired this with Deluxe rear suspension and SRAM’s Eagle GX 12-speed drivetrain to create the fastest trail bike they have ever made!
With 29" wheels the S-150 C RS rolls fast, and Whyte have embraced that. They have given it seriously quick steering by reducing the fork offset, helping you descend technical terrain with serious agility. But, if you did want to swap out the 29" tyres, the S-150 C RS also allows you to ride on a 650b wheel with 2.8" tyres and still have UK levels of mud clearance, even in the wettest of winter.
- Frame - SCR Carbon-Alloy frame with symmetrical chainstays for increased stiffness
- Fork - RockShox Pike RC, 29", 150mm Travel, Fast Black Coating, Tapered Steerer, 110mm X 15mm Boost, Maxle Ultimate
- Rear Shock - RockShox Deluxe RT Debonair, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound and 2 Position Compression
- Headset - FSA No. 42 Integrated, Orbit ZS Plus, 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Stem - Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm M, 50mm L&XL
- Handlebars - Whyte Custom Alloy 6061, 15mm Rise, 760mm Wide (30mm Rise, 780mm Wide on the XL)
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake - SRAM Guide RS, 4 Pots, 180mm Rotor (200mm on XL)
- Rear Brake - SRAM Guide RS, 4 Pots, 170mm Rotor (180mm on XL), Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - SRAM Guide RS, MMX Matchmaker
- Gear Shifter - SRAM GX Eagle, MMX Clamp, 12 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Chainset - SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle GXP, X-SYNC 2, Direct Mount 32T Chainring, 12 Speed
- Cassette - SRAM XG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 15mm X 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub - Whyte Cartridge Sealed Bearing, 12mm X 148mm Boost Through Axle with Micro Engagement 6 Pawl XD Driver Free Hub, 32 Hole
- Rims - WTB STp i29 Rims with TCS System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready
- Tyres - Maxxis High Roller II TR, 29" X 2.3" 60TPI 3C(Maxx Terra) Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Front, Maxxis Crossmark II TR, 29" X 2.25" 60TPI Dual TLR, Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Rear
- Saddle - Whyte Custom Dual Density, Triple Panel Design
- Seat post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 150mm on M & L, 170mm on XL, 30.9mm, MMX
At the heart of this proudly British company is the sense of freedom, the feeling that you can do what you want when you want. At Whyte bikes are designed upon freedom, they are designed to work at its best whenever you need it to, whatever the weather.