The much-anticipated S-150 S from Whyte is here, and it absolutely does not disappoint. This incredible bike takes all the best bits of the T-130 and adds on some even more impressive features. Not satisfied with the 130mm of fork travel that the T-130 comes with, Whyte have added an impressive 150mm of travel onto this model with RockShox Revelation RC forks. They then paired this with Deluxe rear suspension and SRAM’s Eagle GX 12-speed drivetrain to create the fastest trail bike they have ever made!
With 29" wheels the S-150 S rolls fast, and Whyte have embraced that. They have given it seriously quick steering, helping you descend technical terrain with serious agility. But, if you did want to swap out the 29" tyres, the S-150 S also allows you to ride on a 650b wheel with 2.8" tyres.
As a British company, Whyte know how to make a bike for the English weather. The S-150 S has huge amounts of mud clearance, even with 2.8" tyres, to keep you rolling through the wettest of winters. They also run full internal cable routing with plugs to prevent any mud or grit from getting inside the frame. This bike will ride incredibly well throughout the winter period, remaining as maintenance free as possible.
- Frame - 6061 T6 SCR Aluminium Front Triangle with Tapered Head Tube and Intergrip integrated seat clamp system, ISCG 5 Tabs, alloy symmetrical SCR rear Triangle, 148mm Boost dropouts
- Fork - RockShox Revelation RC 29", 150mm Travel, Fast Black Coating, Tapered Steerer, 110mm X 15mm Boost, Maxle Ultimate
- Rear Shock - RockShox Deluxe RT Debonair, Fast Black Coating, Adjustable Rebound and 2 Position Compression
- Headset - FSA No. 57E Orbit ZS, 1.5" Cartridge Sealed Lower Bearing and 1 1/8" Upper Bearing
- Stem - Whyte Gravity Stem, 40mm S&M, 50mm L&XL
- Handlebars - Whyte Custom Alloy 6061, 15mm Rise, 760mm Wide (30mm Rise, 780mm Wide on the XL)
- Grips - Whyte Lock-on V Grip
- Front Brake - SRAM Level TL, 180mm Rotor (200mm on the XL)
- Rear Brake - SRAM Level TL, 170mm Rotor (180mm on the XL), Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - SRAM Level TL, MMX Matchmaker
- Gear Shifter - SRAM GX Eagle MMX Clamp, 12 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM GX Eagle, 12 Speed
- Chainset - SRAM GX Eagle, X-SYNC 2 Direct Mount 32T, Boost 12 Speed
- Cassette - SRAM PG-1275 Eagle, 10-50, 12 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 15mm X 110mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, 12mm X 148mm Boost Through Axle, 32 Hole
- Rims - WTB STp i29 Rims with TCS System, Pinned Joint, Tubeless Ready
- Tyres - Maxxis High Roller II TR, 29" X 2.3" 60TPI 3C(Maxx Terra) Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Front, Maxxis Crossmark II TR, 29" X 2.25" 60TPI Dual TLR, Folding Bead, EXO Sidewall Protection Rear
- Saddle - Whyte Custom Dual Density, Triple Panel Design
- Seat post - RockShox Reverb Stealth 125mm on S, 150mm on M & L, 170mm on XL, 30.9mm, MMX
At the heart of this proudly British company is the sense of freedom, the feeling that you can do what you want when you want. At Whyte bikes are designed upon freedom, they are designed to work at its best whenever you need it to, whatever the weather.