Whyte are a British bike manufacturer that have a reputation of excellence. They put a lot of thought into their designs, creating excellent bikes that are always fit for purpose, and the Stirling is no exception.
It has been designed as a fast, but comfortable commuter. Whyte have based its geometry on their mountain bikes, giving it a long wheelbase and relaxed head angle for high speed stability, and a shorter stem for excellent manoeuvrability at slower speeds. Carbon forks dampen out the chatter of the road. And, with 32c tyres sitting on 20mm wide rims the Stirling has both speed and comfort.
A custom rear dropout makes way for the rear hydraulic disc brake caliper to be mounted inside the rear triangle, freeing up plenty of room for mudguards or a luggage rack to be easily fitted, and finishing this impressive urban bike off perfectly.
- Frame - 6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Internal Cable Routing with BBX and Custom Whyte Dropouts
- Fork - Whyte, Straight Bladed Carbon Front Fork with Alloy Steerer Tube, Post Mount with Eyelet for Mud Guards
- Headset - FSA No. 23 Integrated Road, 1 1/8" Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 41mm Diameter
- Stem - Whyte Alloy 6061, S 70mm, M 80mm, L&XL 90mm
- Handlebars - Whyte Alloy 6061, 31.8mm, 30mm Rise, 620mm Wide
- Grips - Whyte Custom Dual Density Lock-on
- Mudguard Mounts - Yes
- Rear Rack Mounts - Yes
- Front Brake - Tektro Auriga, 160mm Rotor
- Rear Brake - Tektro Auriga, HD-M290, 160mm Rotor, Internal Routing
- Brake Levers - Tektro Auriga
- Gear Shifters - SRAM X5, 10 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 28 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 32 Hole
- Rims - Whyte Disc Road 20mm Deep, 20mm Wide, Offset Sleeved Rim, 32 Hole Rear and 28 Front, 3M Reflective Decals
- Chainset - SRAM APEX, 50-34, 10 Speed, Compact
- Cassette - SRAM PG-1130, 11-32, 10 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - SRAM Via GT, 10 Speed
- Tyres - WTB Exposure, 700 x 32c, 60tpi, Distance Compound, Folding
- Saddle - Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design
- Seat post - Whyte Alloy 6061, 1pcs 3D Forged, 20mm Offset, 27.2mm x 350mm, 2 Bolt Clamp
- Pedals - Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform
You may also like....