Whyte is a British brand with an amazing knowledge of what British riding entails. They have tamed our unpredictable climate with countless wet and cold weather features and build their bikes to eat up our less than ideal roads.
The Wessex was designed to be the perfect every day road bike. Just as capable on the morning commute as it is on a long Sunday ride with friends. It has been built to handle all road surfaces, with the very latest tubeless ready, high air volume Schwalbe tyres on 21mm wide Easton AR rims. And, with the Whyte Road Disc range the versatile Wessex offers Cyclo Cross durability with pure Road Geometry.
This is arguably the most versatile and capable carbon bike that Whyte have ever made. It offers the ability to attach full length mudguards to protect you from the winters spray, and even features Whyte’s neat internal cable routing with weatherproof frame plugs to prevent any water from getting inside the frame.
- Frame - Uni-directional Multi Monocoque with Flat Mount 160 Disc Mount, DOX Internal Cable Routing, Verti-Grip Integrated Seat Clamp System, Concealed Eyelets for Mud Guards and 142mm Rear Dropouts with 12mm Through Axle
- Cable Routing - Internal
- Fork - Straight Bladed Carbon Front Fork, Tapered Carbon Steerer with 12mm x 100mm Stealth Through Axle, Concealed Eyelets for Mud Guards
- Stem - Whyte - 6 Deg/6 Deg, 90mm 50cm, 100mm 52cm, 110mm 54cm, 120mm 56/58cm
- Handlebars - Whyte Road, 31.8mm, Compact "Wing" Bar
- Brakes Calipers - Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 Hydraulic, Centre-lock 160mm Flat Mount, Internal Routing
- Brake / Gear Lever - Shimano ST-R8020 Ultegra, 11 Speed
- Front Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12mm x 100mm Through Axle, 28 Hole
- Rear Hub - Alloy, Double Sealed Cartridge Bearing Hub, Centre-lock, 12mm x 142mm Through Axle, 28 Hole
- Rims - Easton AR-21, 21mm Wide Tubeless Ready, 28 Hole
- Tyres - Schwalbe G-ONE Speed, 700 x 30c, TL-Easy Tubeless System, MicroSkin Puncture Protection
- Front Derailleur - Shimano FD-580 105, 11 Speed
- Rear Derailleur - Shimano RD-R8000 GS Ultegra, 11 Speed
- Chainset - Shimano FC-R510, Double 50-34, 11 Speed, Octalink
- Cassette - Shimano CS-5800 105, 11-32, 11 Speed
- Saddle - Whyte Custom Road, with Lightweight Foam, CrMo Rails, Triple Panel Design
- Seatpost - Whyte 20mm Offset, 27.2mm x 350mm, 1pcs 3d Forged 2014 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp